Wednesday, October 30, 2013

long exposures ...

I wish i could take workshops every week ... i love love love them! It's true ... i mean ...

1. i love learning 
2. i love being inspired 
3. any excuse to take photos

So in the depths of my August when i was feeling uninspired & stuck in the rut i signed myself up for a couple of very different workshops once of which was totally new to me. I have always admired landscape photographers & long exposures specifically but as hard as i try i can't get them right so this was my chance to learn ... & it was awesome. I spent a beautiful fall afternoon shooting on the Norfolk coast & understanding filters & getting the look I had been dreaming on (resulting in me buying said filters & waiting rather impatiently for everything to arrive so i can go practice what i have learnt). So here is something very new & a little different to keep you occupied. & don't forget to head on round the circle of Sisterhood Stories starting with something else very different on the blog of Karrie Drake. & have a wonderful wednesday! 






8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Laura!! You need to share what you learned about the filters with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha feel free to ask all the questions you want ... but lets just say i purchased ND graduate filters the next day!

      Delete
  2. Oh Laura - these are wonderful! Please send me link to the exact filters your bought! And what lens are you using them on? I truly love your pics xx - ps what workshop was it? I think I need to go on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bought the Hitech graduate filters & the Lee big stopper ... & these are shot with the 24-70mm (widest i have for my full frame). & thank you for your kind words. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh Laura! I love that first image! Love the way the water looks in the foreground. And those soft clouds… Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for such a wonderful compliment pretty lady ... you work has been an inspiration for so long! xx

      Delete
    2. Oh Laura! I'm honoured! If there's ever anything I can do to give you a hand, just let me know.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE these beach images. The muted colors are reminiscent of watercolors. Just Lovely!

    ReplyDelete