Wednesday, September 18, 2013

wanderlust ... & the sisterhood stories ...

I love the word "wanderlust" ... it has a sound & a feel that go together, it conjures up images of mountains & deserts & trains & planes & free spirits. It inspires me to get out & see something new & with it i dream of adventures & new discoveries & pretty pictures. As far as words go it's one of my favourites but until now i have never been able to turn it into art. & this week i got two pictures that show it for me. & you know what i'm not done with the word, i think you will be seeing it show up in my shop over & over because of it's beauty & because in November i will be California bound for 30 days, a place that for me symbolizes everything the word means to me. Long winding roads through the Sierra Nevadas, the beauty of the hills reflected in Lake Isabella & the desert landscape. *bliss*



Take a moment to head on over to the beautiful blog of Kerrie Drake & then wander around the circle & happy hump day everyone. xx

12 comments:

  1. I love this word too! And I have no doubt you will manage to come up with many other ways to add it into your art. Love what you've come up with so far xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your images so much Laura, you make even the simplest things into art. Enjoy your trip - cant wait to see the resulting images! J&J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do love the simple things in life ... thank you ladies. xx

      Delete
  3. Wanderlust - hah - it always cracks me up when I see a German word being commonly used in English (o.k. it is also English, but...). The other way round is totally normal, though - go figure... I envy you for your 30 days of California - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i will for sure ... it's one of my "happy places"

      Delete
  4. Ahhh...that sounds so dreamy! Enjoy your adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fascinating how words can take on a special meaning for us... you definitely got the "spirit" of wanderlust in your pictures, I'm sure the upcoming ones will imprison even more its deep feel. Great job, indeed!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ... we all find words we love for different reasons, whether it's the sound of them or the way they roll of the tongue or how it feels like part of us. Words & pictures go so perfectly together at times.

      Delete
  6. I love this word - it just has such a special meaning and sums up that feeling I have that makes me want to travel, whether its within my own country or further afield. Love your work too, so very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kay ... me too ... it could be 30 minutes down the road & it's enough to scratch the itch so to speak ;)

      Delete